Monday 27 June 2011

Quick Quiz: #18 Ian Foster

1. Where are you working at present?

I work for a consortium of London-based voluntary sector consultants.

2. Describe your occupation and why you love it.

I train charities and voluntary groups in fundraising and other organisational development areas, and help write their funding bids. I love it because I get to talk all day, meet new people all across London and get a genuine buzz from knowing that I am helping some of the most undervalued work going on in the city. Also, I have the flexibility to write up theatre reviews when no-one is looking... ;-)

3. Who do you most enjoy working with and why?

Not really office-based, but I love the complete diversity of all the people I meet, forever keeping me on my toes. 

4. What's your dream day?

A rare trip back up north to see family and friends, especially my nieces and nephews.

5. Favourite ever show and why?

Hard one, but His Dark Materials at the National Theatre completely blew me away. I love the books so much that I never imagined I could love a different version of the story, but the adaptation was nigh on perfect, a brilliant cast and a production that showed off the NT at its best. I cried for 10 minutes in my seat as it ended, and wanted to sit through all six hours of it again straightaway.

6. Favourite actor/actress and why?

This changes on a moment by moment basis so I’ll have to give a selection: Julie Atherton whose musical interpretation skills make her one of the most heartbreakingly effective actors out there; John Heffernan, a rising star of subtle power and great depth, a top tip for future stardom; Elliot Cowan for combining being one of the hottest men alive with skilful acting choices; Nancy Carroll, if only for the end of Act II in After The Dance, one of the most perfect acting performances ever; and Helen McCrory as she simply bewitched my heart from the very first moment I saw her. But I reserve the right to change my mind.

7. Favourite band/musical artist and why?

Björk. She’s not to everyone’s taste but she has been one of the most fearlessly inventive and consistently innovative artists of recent times, never resting on her laurels and continually challenging herself, audiences and the record industry.

8. Where do you see yourself in 25 years?

Retired to the South of France, having won the Lottery.

9. Any exciting future projects you'd like to mention?

It is all change over here so watch this space, life is getting interesting...

10. Random one: what's your favourite cheese?
Why do you keep making me commit to favourites?! Today it is Grandma Singleton’s Tasty Lancashire – the king of cheeses.

11. Do you have Twitter? Do you follow @the_prompt? You should...

I do have the twitter on @oughttobeclowns and I do follow @the_prompt

No comments:

Post a Comment