Friday 10 June 2011

Quick Quiz #7: Catherine Balavage

1. Where are you working at present?
 
I have a few acting projects pencilled in.. Also, I have a column for http://www.lastminutetheatretickets.com/blog/ , I own an online  magazine called Frost magazine and I am writing an acting book. So, lot's on!
 
2. Describe your occupation and why you love it.

I am an actor,columnist, editor and writer. I love what I do, it's creative and no two day's are the same. I have worked with people I never thought I would work with, including Martin Scorsese and Bill Nighy
 
3. Who do you most enjoy working with and why?

Martin Scorsese. He was my idol when I was growing up. 
 
4. What's your dream day?

Booking a great acting job, or landing a great interview for Frost. On a more shallow note, I get invited to amazing events. I recently met Ian Hislop at the first birthday party for the newspaper 'i' 
 
5. Favourite ever show and why?

Friends is pretty timeless. I also love Yes, Prime Minister for how timeless and accurate it is.  
  
6. Favourite actor/actress and why?

I love Angelina Jolie and Julianne Moore. Leonard DiCaprio. The running theme is that they are all great actors that make brave choices. I watch any film they are in.
 
7. Favourite band/musical artist and why?

I like the Rolling Stones because they are timeless. I love Lady Gaga, she is just pure perfect pop.  
 
8. Where do you see yourself in 25 years?

With a number of good films under my belt, maybe an Oscar! I want to work with Robert De Niro. I also want to make some documentaries, write more books and take Frost magazine to print. Some kids and a marriage would be good too.
 
9. Any exciting future projects you'd like to mention?

www.frostmagazine.com had over 72,000 hits in May. I also have a big film that I can't mention and a few documentaries I am trying to get funding for.  
 
10. Random one: what's your favorite cheese?

Buffalo Mozzarella 
 
11. Do you have Twitter? Do you follow @the_prompt? You should...

My twitter is @Balavage and Frost's is @frostmag. I do follow @the_prompt. You would be silly not to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment