Thursday 9 June 2011

Quick Quiz: #6 David Eldridge

1. Where are you working at present?

I live in the countryside, so as I type I'm looking out of my office at a beautiful view of hills and water

2. Describe your occupation and why you love it.

Well, I'm a playwright, and I love writing for actors and making audiences laugh, cry and think

3. Who do you most enjoy working with and why?

I most enjoy working with actors I'm writing for or who are in my plays

4. What's your dream day?

Coffee with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast, followed by writing emails and letters, followed by a lunch out that lasts all afternoon. I try to do something along those lines every birthday!

5. Favourite ever show and why?

The Nick Hynter/John Wood 1989-90 RSC King Lear turned me on to theatre. It gave me, in John Osborne's words, ''a lesson in feeling''...

6. Favourite actor/actress and why?

Rory Kinnear has the ability to sound the notes of humour and desperation at the same time,
Lisa Dillon never asks an audience for sympathy. She just gives you the truth and the soul.

7. Favourite band/musical artist and why?

I don't have one, though I've been stuck on The Courteeners new album 'Falcon' for months.

8. Where do you see yourself in 25 years?

Just to be happy and writing will be a blessing

9. Any exciting future projects you'd like to mention?

There's one being announced shortly, sorry!

10. Random one: what's your favorite cheese?

St Agur (yes, it's been in a play)

11. Do you have Twitter? Do you follow @the_prompt? You should...

Yes, and yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment