Monday 13 June 2011

Quick Quiz: #10 @youngvicteabitch


1. Where are you working at present?

Young Vic Theatre

2. Describe your occupation and why you love it.

My occupation has no boundaries and I don’t really know what it is, I guess that is why I love it! In no particular order I have been a press assistant, a project researcher, an usher, a producer, a balloon modeler, a box office duty manager, a finance officer and for one brief spell a cleaner... however most recently a tweeter!

3. Who do you most enjoy working with and why?
 I most enjoy working with everyone until they say something stupid or give me a job I don’t want to do,at which point I moan about it until finally I forgive them until the next time…

4. What's your dream day?

Drinking at least 3 litres of tea a day preferably with biscuits, getting some new followers for YVteabitch, taking an overlong lunch break, doing as little work as possible.

5. Favourite ever show and why?

Jeeez that is a toughy! I thought Pillowman at the NT was incredible as was the production of No Man’s Land a few years back. At the Young Vic Tobias and the Angel was brilliant due to it’s sheer scale and warmth, I also really loved Joe Turner’s Come and Gone and more recently I Am the Wind (but that was a real marmite production for a lot of people) it was beautiful poetic and moving.

6. Favourite actor/actress and why?

Big fan of Mark Rylance he was stupendous in Jerusalem (but then everyone knows that) Tom Brooke in I Am the Wind was fantastic and he was also amazing playing Oswald in a workshop production of Ghosts we did here a couple of years ago. Oh and I just remembered Nancy Carroll in After the Dance – sensational, nuanced and powerful.

7. Favourite band/musical artist and why?

Duke Special they are one of those bands you can listen too in any mood, they also did the music for Mother Courage at the National last year but I didn’t see that so I have no idea if it was effective or not.

8. Where do you see yourself in 25 years?     

Oh god hopefully rich and fat moving from one of my many apartments to another eating the finest food the world has to offer and watching great things in great theatres. Hold on that was where I want to be in 25 years not where I see myself… I see myself poor and grumpy eating McDonalds and feeling sorry for myself, probably wishing I’d worked harder 25 years earlier.

9. Any exciting future projects you'd like to mention?

Really looking forward to seeing some Pinter at the Young Vic later this year, I don’t remember us ever having had one before so a double bill is a winner!

10. Random one: what's your favorite cheese?

Stichelton – so good; a mix of stilton and something else- go and get some from Neals Yard Dairy and grab a St John bakery eccles cake to go with it – heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment