Friday 10 June 2011

Quick Quiz #8: Sally Lawton

1. Where are you working at present?

I'm working for myself.  I run a theatre school called Elite Talent Theatre School.  We have an office in the centre of Manchester with a studio attached, which we've just moved in to.
 
2. Describe your occupation and why you love it.

I co run the theatre school with Freya Marshall.  We provide part time performing arts classes for anyone aged 5-adults.
I also write and produce plays.  I love it because it feels nice to inspire people and I get to be creative every single day, which is all I've ever wanted to do.
 
3. Who do you most enjoy working with and why?

I enjoy working with people who come to our classes who are low in confidence and are looking to try something different.  It never fails to fill me with pride seeing them stood on stage, doing something they never thought they could do.
 
4. What's your dream day?

My dream day would be seeing my play on a West End stage.
 
5. Favourite ever show and why?

I've just been to see Ghost the musical in Manchester and it's just one of the most incredible theatrical experiences I've ever had.  It's a wonderful production, even though I sobbed from start to finish!
 
6. Favourite actor/actress and why?

Victoria Wood has really inspired and influenced me and my career.
 
7. Favourite band/musical artist and why?

Take That.  I've loved them since I was 11!

8. Where do you see yourself in 25 years?

Running a full time drama school in Manchester with a couple of West End and Broadway hits under my belt!
 
9. Any exciting future projects you'd like to mention?
 
Our adult and teen classes are colaborating for a production of The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole.
Our 2011 Summer School will be performing the world premier of TWELVE the musical.
Two of my plays are in festivals this year The Not Part Of Festival and the Preston Tringe Festival.
 
10. Random one: what's your favorite cheese?

Cottage cheese as it's supposed to be good for you!
 
11. Do you have Twitter? Do you follow @the_prompt? You should...
 
I certainly do follow you!
You can find me on @sallylawton

No comments:

Post a Comment