Wednesday 8 June 2011

Quick Quiz: #4 Ben Smith

1. Where are you working/studying at present?
 
I am finishing a degree in theatre directing at Rose Bruford College. About to take that leap from the drama school bubble into the real world!

2. Describe your occupation in 10 words.
 
passionate, unique, draining, empowering, though-provoking, stimulating, challenging, frustrating, vital.

3. Who do you love working with and why?
 
My best experience so far has been working at the Arcola, it has such a cool vibe and is a theatre about making work, but really good work. Had such a good time when I was on placement there and got to pop my head in to many an interesting rehearsal.

4. What's your dream day?
 
Being in a rehearsal room, working with actors on a great text. For me it is increasingly becoming about text and am currently craving something really meaty to get stuck in to! My dream day also contains a good coffee and a buff sarnie at lunchtime.

5. Favourite show
 
tough one....I think I would have to say spring awakening (the play, not the musical) 

6. Favourite actor/actress
 
Don't have a favourite, although do find Sheridan Smith really enjoyable to watch, something effortless in her.

7. Favourite band/musical artist
 
I would have to say Ellie Goulding is my current fav, but it is always changing.

8. Where do you see yourself in 25 years?
 
Hopefully still working in theatre. Ideally in a venue, as artistic director.

9. Any exciting future projects you'd like to mention?
 
Not anything that I can talk about at the moment, but some interesting stuff in the pipeline.
 
10. Random one: what's your favorite cheese?
 
Jarlsberg...winner everytime!

11. Do you have Twitter? Do you follow @the_prompt? You should...
 
You know I already follow you!

No comments:

Post a Comment