Friday 10 June 2011

Quick Quiz #9: Amy Clarke



Where are you working at present?

I currently work in the marketing department at the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-upon-Avon

Describe your occupation and why you love it

My job title is Marketing Officer (Corporate) which means that I work as part of the team marketing the RSC’s “other” activities, rather than productions. My main responsibilities are marketing the RSC Membership scheme and my role has also grown to encompass digital  marketing (one of my favourite things!). Over the past three years I’ve focussed on building the RSC’s presence on social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter, I manage the company’s email marketing and am always on the lookout for new and exciting digital opportunities. I enjoy the variety in the work I do and working with a creative and talented marketing team.

Who do you most enjoy working with and why?

I’ve enjoyed meeting up with other digital marketers and enthusiasts in the arts sector to share ideas, case studies, challenges and horror stories. When I started out in marketing 7 years ago digital was just moving to the forefront, and now it’s such a major part of people’s lives and jobs. I enjoy sharing learning and experiences and I love the collaborative nature in the arts. 
 
What's your dream day?

A sunny, not too hot not too cold day, on a coastal path in Devon or Cornwall, with my boyfriend, ice cream cones, breathtaking views, and then eating some freshly caught fish in a local pub for dinner.

Favourite ever show and why?

Steppenwolf Theatre’s August: Osage County a few years ago at The National. It was an epic, engrossing production but was the perfect was to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Favourite actor/actress and why?

Meryl Streep has never let me down


Favourite band/musical artist and why?
 
At the moment I’m listening to a lot of Jamie Cullum, and the soundtrack to (500) Days of Summer


Where do you see yourself in 25 years?

Living somewhere rural, running my own digital consultancy business, with a family and lots to look forward too


Any exciting future projects you'd like to mention?

At the moment the two projects I’m working on is implementing an all new email marketing system (I’m a geek and this is exciting to me) and I’m about to start doing some research and profiling of our social media audiences (and hopefully sharing this info and possibly the model with other arts marketers). The great thing about working for the RSC is that’s there always something exciting waiting around the corner.

Random one: what's your favorite cheese?

Can I say cheesecake?

Do you have Twitter? Do you follow @the_prompt? You should...

Yes, I do and I do. I’m @amyclarke_uk on Twitter and also tweet as @theRSC

No comments:

Post a Comment